Haverford Quarter's quarterly meeting will be hosted at Merion Friends Meeting on Sunday, April 26
, 2015. We invite all to attend, even if you have never attended a Quaker meeting before.
Our agenda is as follows:
1. Meeting will begin at 9:30 am. We will meet in the meeting house at the corner of Montgomery Rd. and Meetinghouse Lane in Merion Station/Narberth. Additional parking is available at the activities building just east of the General Wayne Inn.
2. There will be a very brief meeting for business. Agenda items are calls for volunteers as our quarter's treasurer and as our quarter's representative on the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Nominating Committee. This will last no more than 15 minutes and may be of interest to people who wonder how Quakers manage practical business decisions without paid ministers to handle them.
3. Immediately following business meeting, John Andrew Gallery will be reprising his talk from the PYM William Penn's 370th birthday celebration, "William Penn, America's First Real Estate Developer."
4. Meeting for Worship 11:00-12:00 noon
5. Lunch will be provided in the activities building.
The lecture by John Gallery is free and open to the public; however donations will be accepted to benefit the Arch Street Preservation Fund.
There will be a children's program from 9:30 - 11:45, at which time the young people will come in and join the adults in the final 15 minutes of meeting for worship.
While reservations are not required, it would be helpful for us to know rough numbers if you will be staying for lunch. It will also be helpful to know how many children will be participating in the children's program, and what their ages are.